Back to Bach 3: Bach and Son
21/10/2014, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Jacqueline Ross (baroque violin), David Ponsford (harpsichord)
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Sonata in G major BWV1021
- JS Bach: Violin Sonata no. 1 in G minor BWV100
- Carl Philipp Emmanuel Bach: Sonata in B flat major
- JS Bach: Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue for Harpsichord in D minor BWV903
- CPE Bach: Sonata in D minor
- JS Bach: Sonata in E major BWV1016
Roger Norrington has said of CPE Bach that, “…there is little doubt that Emanuel is the best of the Bach sons. More tongue-in-cheek and heart-on-sleeve than his father, there’s a wonderful feeling of openness to his music…” Come and find out whether you agree.
Jacqueline Ross and David Ponsford have given many celebrated performances together over the past twenty years and won admiration for their recordings from many sources – “There is a directness about their playing which reaches the heart of the music…” Nicholas Anderson, BBC Music Magazine
Save this event to your calendar of choice.