Back to Bach 1: Kenneth Hamilton (piano)
07/10/2014, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Liszt: Fantasy and Fugue on BACH
- Johann Sebastian Bach: French Suite in G major
- Handel/Liszt: Sarabande and Chaconne from the opera Almira
- Bach/Rachmaninov: Partita in E
- Bach-Busoni: Chorale Prelude “Ich ruf zu Dir Herr Jesu Christ”
- Liszt: Variations on Bach’s ‚Weinen, klagen‘
For the latest in his popular series of recitals at the University, Kenneth Hamilton (“An outstanding virtuoso”, Moscow Kommersant) turns ‘Back to Bach’ in a stunningly varied programme of original Bach’s original music and later transcriptions, including tributes by Franz Liszt to Bach and Handel, and transcriptions of Bach’s works by Rachmaninov and Busoni.
This is not only the Baroque as seen through the lens of the next two centuries, but also some of the most moving music ever written for the keyboard. The concert additionally marks the launch of Kenneth’s new CD of the same music.
J.S. Bach/Ferruccio Busoni – Chaconne, for piano solo. Performed by Kenneth Hamilton during our 2013/14 Concert Series:
Save this event to your calendar of choice.