2, 3 and 4 of a Kind, and Stateside + 2: Lontano
18/11/2014, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Odaline de la Martinez (director)
- Barbara Jazwinski: World première
- Bernard Rands: Scherzi no. 2 (2008)
- Derek Bermel Tied Shifts UK première
- Armando Bayolo: Overture World première
- Rands: Memo 4 (1997)
- Arlene Sierra: Meditation on Violence Cardiff première
Lontano’s impact on the perception of new music has been profound and enduring. Since its inception nearly thirty years ago by conductor/composer Odaline de la Martinez and flautist Ingrid Culliford, Lontano has established an international reputation as one of the most exciting and versatile exponents of 20th and 21st century music.
“There are concerts that make you realise what you’ve been missing…….. The first half of Thursday’s Lontano concert at St John’s, Smith Square, provided the answer” The Independent
Save this event to your calendar of choice.